Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Crashy Lives

After a bit of suspension reshaping on my ebay wreck with a 12 ton bottle jack, I was able to actually drive Crashy (as my kids have come to call it). The front wheels now point in the same direction, instead of out in opposite directions. The right side lower suspension arm and tie rod end were bent rearward over three inches. I was able to bend it back with the 12 ton jack, after popping the seal on a 4 ton one. Last week, when I first fired it up the automatic transmission was leaking. With that I found that I hadn't fully seated the left drive axle. After popping it in fully the AT hasn't leaked a drop.

Today I drove it around the yard to check out the AT, and it seems to be perfectly fine. I originally planned to pull the engine and transmission, but now that I have a fully mobile test platform, I think I'll leave engine in. With the windows and doors off, it's fun to drive. The roof is coming off next.

Below is a short video of it in motion.

CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote