Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:37 PM   #451
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Garm,

We've all enjoyed your pics. It's time for pictures with bambo and the snake and time to send Bambo on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ Just for that, I'm keeping him for a while. Great attitude, man.
Quote:
Being sent today. Still pissed off at Mad Dog, but I'll get over it.
Quote:
Quote:
^ whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
Did I miss something?

And thanks Garm for the tracking number ... looking foward to his arrival.
Treyz, you didn't miss anything but cali being a sook cause I asked him to send Bambo on, to you, the next person on the list. The list is very long and people want Bambo.

I seriously enjoyed the pictures and effort Garm wen't into with Bambo. I dunno if he thinks i was being sarcastic with my first post, but I can clear that up right now, i was not being sarcastic.

I'm not sure what his "exact" problem is, but if anyone should be annoyed at anyone it should be me at Garm who said he was coming to the meet and greet while I was over in Jan 09 and then didn't turn up. Hey waldo.

P.s. This is meant to be a friendly thread, i'm only telling how it is as Treyz asked. There is no need to harp on about this. If anyone wants to pm me if there is an issue, i'm up for it.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
Old 06-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #452
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
If it's meant to be a friendly thread, why include this:

Quote:
I'm not sure what his "exact" problem is, but if anyone should be annoyed at anyone it should be me at Garm who said he was coming to the meet and greet while I was over in Jan 09 and then didn't turn up. Hey waldo.
That's not friendly OR relevant, in my opinion. It's actually pretty mean-spirited.

The fact of the matter is, people have had Bambo a lot longer than me, gone missing in action even, and you said nothing. I have him 12 days, posting all along and you have to curtly tell me to send him on.

Actually, my wife and I "did" Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood last night. I wanted to take Bambo as a last outing. I didn't, since Mad Dog told me to get on with it. I don't think I should have to make a case for keeping him a few days longer, but for those coming up, if you're keeping him longer than a week, you probably should explain why.

I won't post any more about it.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #453
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlnblkdrs View Post
rules have been 2 weeks, i kept him longer cuz i was supposed to have him before xmas.. but yea...2-3 weeks is the norm
Quote:
Originally it was 2 weeks maximum per user. But i see no problem having the little guy for 2-3 weeks as long as you post enough photo's of him. But having him for more than 3 weeks is too much as there are heaps of users waiting to have him visit.
Quote:
If it's meant to be a friendly thread, why include this:

That's not friendly OR relevant, in my opinion. It's actually pretty mean-spirited.

The fact of the matter is, people have had Bambo a lot longer than me, gone missing in action even, and you said nothing. I have him 12 days, posting all along and you have to curtly tell me to send him on.

Actually, my wife and I "did" Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood last night. I wanted to take Bambo as a last outing. I didn't, since Mad Dog told me to get on with it. I don't think I should have to make a case for keeping him a few days longer, but for those coming up, if you're keeping him longer than a week, you probably should explain why.

I won't post any more about it.

well i am gonna argue the one week thing... the most recent information that i can find about time with bambo is approx 2 - 3 weeks, so that is my argument...

now i will state that i was giving garm a hard time about days with no pics, but that was where i left it... i understand that you may have had some stuff coming up that would have been cool, and i think that *most* of us would have understood if there were some good pics...

i like this smiley...
Old 06-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #454
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Being sent today. Still pissed off at Mad Dog, but I'll get over it.
There weren't any pictures of you with Bambo.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 06-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #455
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

It's Mad Dog's thread, maybe he can clarify what the expectation should be.

I really don't understand how he could post this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG*
Originally it was 2 weeks maximum per user. But i see no problem having the little guy for 2-3 weeks as long as you post enough photo's of him. But having him for more than 3 weeks is too much as there are heaps of users waiting to have him visit.
then tell me to get on with it after 12 days.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #456
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Well, I appreciate all the pictures from you and everyone else. This is silly....people are busy...we should be thankful the ball was dropped only once and everyone who has had him has fun with it...as it should be.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 06-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #457
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
...The fact of the matter is, people have had Bambo a lot longer than me, gone missing in action even, and you said nothing....
Garm,

With all due respect, you have no idea what i've done behind the scenes to keep this little guy moving, I have sent pm after pm after pm to keep this guy moving.

Also, if you'd bothered to read my posts in this thread you would not have typed the dribble you have.

Taken from this thread......

Quote:
He's already been a hostage long enough in Thailand........... Need more photos of him out and about Thomas.
Quote:
Thomas, you sent Bambo on yet? His Thai visa must be finished, what do they do to illegals over there?
Quote:
What do we want? NEW PICTURES OF BAMBO!
When do want them? NOW!

Thomas if you are too busy just send him on his way. There's plenty for Bambo to do.
So don't you dare say that i've "said nothing" when in fact you have no idea what i've said, even when it's in front of your own eyes. I've put a lot of work and my own time in to keep this thread moving. The people have spoken, obviously i'm not doing a good job, so I stand down from running this thread.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

The original creator of the Bambo concept was a YarisWorld member by the name of NemesisZ. NemesisZ became unreachable after the hack so I volunteered to take over running this thread as I Bambo at the time of the hack. For reasons I'm not going to go into I'm standing down from running the "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" Thread and call on NemesisZ to come back and run his own thread.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #458
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
oi... this is becoming too much. Tony, when i had him, u established a 2 week max, which Garm has kept good on. leave it at that.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:24 AM   #459
dvlnblkdrs
Shush!

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris
Send a message via AIM to dvlnblkdrs Send a message via Yahoo to dvlnblkdrs
Quote:
here is the proof, original comment made by you Tony. 2 weeks so shush!!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #460
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
lmao im going to see nemesisz on sunday.. we are autoxing... ill ask him whats up

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #461
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

"the people have spoken" must be by PM -- no one including me has asked in a post for Mad Dog not to do this any more. Besides, he's the only one (unless we have a Mod do it) who can update the first post.

The Bambo Adventure will go on!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #462
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I have been getting closer and closer to getting Bambo ... it better not end now before he has a chance to go to the Mall of America, damnit!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #463
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
I have been getting closer and closer to getting Bambo ... it better not end now before he has a chance to go to the Mall of America, damnit!
Will you take him on the coaster?

I still have to get up there as I've never been. Maybe this summer.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
Old 06-07-2009, 11:11 PM   #464
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Yeah ... so anyway, I get the little guy this week!

As for the thread, before the hack, Nemesiz had a list of rules and taking a pic with Bambo was one of them I recall, but hey, I'm not complaining at all.

And I'm not complaining about when he was going to get to me. As long as I'm not skipped on the list (which I wasn't), I'm good. All I know is that he's gonna be busy when Bambo gets here.

And one last question ... I know the shirt says Bambo, but are we calling him Bambo as in Rambo, but with a "B" or Bamboo? I always associated the panda with what it eats lol.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #465
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
Will you take him on the coaster?

I still have to get up there as I've never been. Maybe this summer.
I will have my husband take him on the coaster ... lol .... you won't catch me on those things. My paranoia kicks in and all I think about is the track breaking and me dying.

I don't handle the combo of heights, speed and very small tracks well

I will be taking him on the log ride though .... if they still have it, now that it's Nickolodean (sp?) instead of Camp Snoopy - I don't know what rides they have anymore :/
Old 06-08-2009, 08:21 AM   #466
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Would it be possible to merge this thread with a new first post by whomever takes over? I'm mulling over volunteering.

Kids Playing Chase On Freeways Get Smashed.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #467
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
The actual "original" is gone into digital cyberspace :( This is the "reconstructed" thread.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #468
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
hey you guys, let's quit bickering and ruining this thread, It's susposed to be about Bambo's Adventures. Of course it'll take a few weeks to get quality shots with Bambo. There are only two weekends in two weeks. I've waited along time for Bambo. It just so Happens when I got him it was during a really hard time in school. But I made the best of the time I had with him and He got to see some great parts of Savannah! Thanks!