Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
captainm27

Drives: 2008 Sedan A/T Silver
Does a bluetooth FM transmitter device exist?

I was just thinking about this the other day. What if there is a device that is small, and sticks into the lighter, and is powered by it. Now, this device, is bluetooth enabled, so that it connects to my phone, and then also transmits the sound of the phone to a fm station, so that I can hear the conversation from the car's speakers.

In other words, I'm driving down the road and I get a phone call. My phone is connected to this device via bluetooth, and so I just press a button on the device and it answers the phone. Then, I push one of the Pre-set FM buttons on the radio to a dead station that my device is transmitting the voice from. Do you think something like this exist?

Could it be that I'm just jealous that my friend's Camry has this phone feature built-in?
captainm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
kenkyd
kanye

Drives: 11 Corolla S
Send a message via AIM to kenkyd
well if you have a smart phone with 3.5mm audio jack in it (like my blackberry), you can connect mp3 aux to the phone and have the sound come out of speakers

but yes they have things as such

http://www.wegotbetterdeals.com/isou...lk-p-1004.html

quick search on google brought me that
probably get one at best buy or radioshack

and most newer gps have bluetooth with on screen id and calling
kenkyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #3
captainm27

Wow! What fast responses! Not even my Snack Wraps and Double Cheesburgers get ordered this quickly!

Those devices look awesome! Thank you so much! Looks like I have a job for Mr. Tax Return Money.

So, as far as I understand, I can leave the devices plugged in all the time, because the car cuts the power to the lighter socket when it's off, correct? And the Bluetooth will automatically connect to my phone, just like that? So, basically all I do is just turn the keys and go?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Dave

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
When you're shopping around for your Bluetooth accessory, make sure you do your homework on any sort of echo issues that said accessory may have.

My girlfriend has a Jabra Bluetooth-FM speakerphone (granted, it's cheaper than the Parrot and her cellphone is kinda crappy too) and there's a wicked echo for the person that phones into it. I can actually hear myself repeat back my sentences after I'm finished talking. I know it sounds OK on her end, but it sure is annoying for me.

Good luck on your shopping!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
captainm27

It seems to me that it's impossible to avoid the echo. As you hear the person's voice coming from your car's speakers, the mic will pick that up too. I wonder if there is a way to output the voice so that it somehow get's cancelled out by the mic, but sounds clearly for the receiving person. I've seen one that is battery powered by Motorola, but I just don't like the idea of adding yet another device into my collection that I have to charge.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Ed_

Drives: 09 2 dr, 5M, Yellow
I don't have a problem with echo's in my Tundra or my wifes Prius, both have factory Bluetooth. Tuesday I'm having a Kenwood Radio with builtin Bluetooth installed in my Yaris. It's hundreds cheaper than having Toyota's Bluetooth added to the factory radio in the Yaris. While it's in the shop, they will probably add some Boston speakers as well:-)
Ed_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
I used a Bluetooth-enabled Garmin GPS and run a cable from the GPS's earphone jack to my head unit's AUX channel.

I pair my mobile phone to my GPS, from which I can access my phonebook directory, call records etc. and make calls. The only thing it can't do is read/write text messages. All the sounds the GPS makes (voice navigation, MP3 music) thus comes on over my car audio, though I have to switch to AUX first.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote