Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Francos Yaris

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan
Friendly hellos

Whenever I see someone in a yaris passing the other way, i give a friendly wave. From talking with a few friends who own jeeps, and seeing them wave at other jeep drivers, I kinda liked the idea. I usually get a wave back, sometimes I get nothing. Does anyone else wave to other fellow Yaris Drivers? A few pics of how the car sits just for fun...

Francos Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
i get a lot of comments from random people on my car...when i see one on the road, i usually drop a little beep beep on them but, don't throw the wave...i'm a real confident person but, i think i'd feel a little silly lol...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
NICE DUDE HAVE ANY PLANS YET?
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I sure do ! Well, not a wave exactly but I honk, and give a thumbs up.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Francos Yaris

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan
I wouldnt really call it a wave as i would a "Lift my fingers up from around the steering wheel and hold..." As for plans with the car, not much.. When i get the money, i would like to add a sub. Thats about it.
Francos Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 AM   #6
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Come on up to Montreal and try that wave at other Yarises
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #7
kuyachris84

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback Black
I give thumbs ups lol. ^^
kuyachris84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #8
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
No, mostly mid-age housewifes driving Yarii around here. They don't seem terribly aware of their surroundings. Mostly just that blank stare straight ahead with cellphone at the ear.
Let's face it. For most the Yaris is just low-cost, reliable transportation. Not really an enthusiast type car. And then there's us.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I guess I am a bit of a snob, as I only wave at other hatchbacks...but I do wave and on rare occasions I get a wave back.

But I am also a Jeep Wrangler snob, I only wave at other Wranglers whereas some people wave at anything with the Jeep logo on it. And there is a protocol, as newer Jeeps should wave to older Jeeps first, and stock Jeeps must wave to lifted Jeeps first. If both Jeeps are lifted, then the person with the lesser lift/smaller tires waves first…

It’s complicated...
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
I guess I am a bit of a snob, as I only wave at other hatchbacks...but I do wave and on rare occasions I get a wave back.

But I am also a Jeep Wrangler snob, I only wave at other Wranglers whereas some people wave at anything with the Jeep logo on it. And there is a protocol, as newer Jeeps should wave to older Jeeps first, and stock Jeeps must wave to lifted Jeeps first. If both Jeeps are lifted, then the person with the lesser lift/smaller tires waves first…

It’s complicated...
Lmao.

I wave and honk and start doing the limbo.

I usually just chunk up the deuces and smile.

In my hometown I just moved from I had all the (3 haha) hatchbacks chunking up the deuces when I passed

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
"chunking up the deuces" -- LOL, I do that too, but mostly get ignored... LA, Sigh
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
I prolly would wave, or something, if I saw some yarii on the road... I've only seen a couple, and the one was a crazy lookin lady driving a LB, and she stared at me something fierce.... I was afraid... Very affraid...

Oh, and there was the other LB that was driving down the wrong side of the road and nearly smashed into me!

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #13
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
I'm a Jeep Wrangler guy, so the wave is not new to me. But, no one with other Yaris'sssisss'sss' wave around here.

DevilGirl, did you wave the finger at the one that almost hit you? lol
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 PM   #14
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
I always honk at the LB not so much for the Sedan's they get no love from me sorry. Sometimes people honk back
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post

It’s complicated...
wow, that IS complicated!

Come to think of it, I really only notice liftbacks on the road. Not too many sedans around here, maybe 1 out of 25 at most. and I guess for some reason, I don't wave at them either. They just look like a completely different car to me!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
DevilGirl, did you wave the finger at the one that almost hit you? lol
I thought about it... but I was too busy downshifting to avoid him, swerving, then upshifting at a rapid pace to get away from the a$$hole... My poor car that day... I feel bad for the clutch...

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I usually look and smile, a nod of the head. But it seems like most any other Yaris drivers I see around here, they take off like a bat out of hell. Almost like they are trying to race me or something.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #18
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
I usually look and smile, a nod of the head. But it seems like most any other Yaris drivers I see around here, they take off like a bat out of hell. Almost like they are trying to race me or something.
In Detroit? And you wonder why they take off like a bat out of hell? lol

signed
A fellow Michigander.
2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote