Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-20-2006, 02:31 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
It's a sad day...

First I get an email from yes-asia.com telling me they do not have stock of the mini Vitz RS model...

Then I go for a drive and find out that I have no brakes! Upon closer inspection there is a leak behind the front right caliper.

The car's at the workshop now where they are taking it apart to check what happened, should have it back tonight. Still no idea if they botched up the installation in the first place, or if I damaged it somehow...

But this means that my road trip this weekend is cancelled, even if they manage to fix it in time, best not to take the chance

So I'm stuck taking a big ol' airplane and not having my car to drive around those fun mountain roads and pick up impressionable local girls

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI....4&category=223

not sure if that's what you wanted...but cheer up, at least you don't have finals to stress over i'm pretty sure your Yaris is fine, probably just broke itself because something bad might have happened on your trip if you drove. remember, everything happens for a reason.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post

So I'm stuck taking a big ol' airplane and not having my car to drive around those fun mountain roads and pick up impressionable local girls
there are impressionable girls hidden in your mountain roads?? damn, i'm living in the wrong country...

--B
Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by static808 View Post
there are impressionable girls hidden in your mountain roads?? damn, i'm living in the wrong country...

--B
Oops I did not mean to imply both mountain roads and impressionable girls being in the same space-time intersection

As sad as it sounds, my mom's car is still fun to drive!

As for the Yaris model, it's one of those cute "deformed" choro-q ones... ah well nevermind, time to hit up ebay

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
hahaha, would have never thought you would like the Choro-Q racers. pretty sure you'll find one on eBay. good luck.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Sorry to hear that you had had a bad day my friend!
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Sorry to learn about that.
Take it as a blessing in disguise. It is better than having brake troubles half way through a long road trip.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 06:12 PM   #8
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
as my grandma always says "better you then me.."

but really; thats crappy.

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by swng View Post
Sorry to learn about that.
Take it as a blessing in disguise. It is better than having brake troubles half way through a long road trip.
Yeah definitely, especiall as I'm not too sure there are many garages on the way which could deal with these upgraded brakes! Anyway a lot of people were telling me this trip was a bad idea due to the car being lowered, stiffened, etc, I guess they got their way in the end

Not easy to find a plane ticket for the 1st of January, too, but got lucky....

Anyway, I'll be picking up the car later today and will try to figure out more of what happened.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-21-2006, 01:55 AM   #10
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Yeay my baby's back

Nothing major, just a bad O-ring, so they fixed that up, only charged me a little for the brake fluid and a discounted waxing

Feels so nice to be back in the car after driving a stupid slow pickup truck all yesterday!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-21-2006, 02:05 AM   #11
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Glad that all is fine again!
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 03:11 AM   #12
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Well I had a bit of spare time and my permanent license plates arrived so I put those in and semi de-badged the rear. Turns out I didn't have floss or fishing line so I just yanked the badges out, ripping out my thumb nails in the process. Dumb idea, especially as WD-40 getting under torn nails is mucho painful... Also, doing this kind of heavy rubbing soon after playing bowling all morning and having a very sore wrist, bad idea!

But... It is (almost) done:

The two leftover badges left are really sticky, thin metal ones, it'll be more difficult to take'em out, and I'm just out of energy for today....

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #13
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Oh my God, what a beautiful car!

Nice to have it back!

PS:Did you install the short shifter?
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote