Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #1
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
GPS unit boasts built-in black box

Finally someone came up with this! Let's hope they bring it to the US soon:

Quote:
The black box function allows its camera to record video of accident for about 18 seconds(before accident-12 seconds, after - 6 seconds), considering the situation of reaching 1.1G acceleration as an accident. The black box also enables drivers to clarify responsibilities for the accident by offering speed data gotten at the accident.
http://aving.net/usa/news/default.as...de=01&SP_Num=0
Old 07-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #2
Meteorite Man
Passin' The Gas...Station

Drives: Same As You But Different
Send a message via Yahoo to Meteorite Man
Hell, I've had one similar in my Big Scary Truck for over 3 years now. Has radar like device on the front bumper and right side running board. When you have the cruise on and it detects the traffic in front of you is slowing, it applies the engine brake and sets off an audible tone along with lights on the "christmas tree" mounted on the right side a-pillar.

It holds information for a set amount of time too. Worked out when I went up against a BMW head-on on I-84 in Hartford Ct. He was going east in the westbound lane. I was the largest distributor of BMW parts in town that night. The company downloaded the 'puter and it showed I was being a very good boy. I was doing 54 in a 55. If there was anything other than goodness by me, I would of been out the door. TR10driving03.gif

It works great, the one on the right side running board will give you different stages of lights if someone is beside you on the right. If a vehicle is on your right and you put on the right directional....you'll get a red light plus a very "distinct" audible tone.

They know how many times you were on the brakes, hard braking, were your headlights on, how many times you changed lanes, etc etc etc. It's like havin' the "man" with you. I like it! butt%20kiss.gif

Looking forward to much more technology to come. Anything that will help with blindspots and getting them 2 (two) trailers on down the road safely....I'm all for it.

Chuck

Chuck
Meteorite Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:35 AM   #3
Thotprawsis

Drives: '07 Blazin' Blue LB
Ah... not for me, thank you. Call me paranoid but thats one more step closer for big brother. If I was driving a big rig like Meteorite Man for sure, but not on my cars.
Thotprawsis is offline   Reply With Quote