Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Nexus 1, Droid, or HTC something?
Get the Nexus 1 10 25.00%
Get the Droid 7 17.50%
Wait for the HTC Incredible or Evo 20 50.00%
They're all the same, get the cheapest 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #91
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
watching now
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:16 PM   #92
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
@kioshi: are you drooling yet? ;)
can't watch vids on here, have to wait until I get home :/

I just want to get my paws on it. 10 more days.
Meanwhile, the N1 for VZW is no where to be found.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #93
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

the touch sensitivity (from what was shown)...hell yeah I'm drooling. I didn't see any lag what so ever. He said it was very light weight and slim, which is a super plus for me.
I hate bulky brick phones in my pockets.
video capabilities is awesome on it, not HD, but awesome. And 8mp resolution is insane, although my eyes kept drifting onto the guy's HTC Legend for some reason~
Red back end interior + red battery :)
It is $299 w/ 2 year contract...$199 after 100 rebate lol.
The

I will wait for a through in depth review on the phone.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #94
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
Still think the droid is better. Just because of a keyboard, I'm not so much of a touch screen keyboard person so i use the keyboard more often. Yea its flat buttons and hard to press the correct button you want but with any phone you get used to what it offers and eventually become good at it. Plus the keyboard makes it easier to play NES, SNES, and GBA games such as final fantasy series, earthbound, street fighter, etc etc.

And now the droids just had their update about 1-2 weeks ago to 2.1 so there is multitouch and pinch to zoom and all that now.
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #95
Aothachos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
@ Kal El: Same cost as the Droid. $199 with a $100 rebate on VZW and 2 Y K.....
not true if you shop aruond a "verizon retailer" NOT A VERIZON STORE. you can get cheaper prices, and I'm not talking about best buy, I got 2 droid phones for $150 after 100$ mail in rebates for EACH phone. So i paid 350$ up front and got 200$ in the mail 2 weeks later which covered my bill for the month. First they gave me the Devour which simply sucked horribly ,wasn't very good at all in my opinion, its simply for a person who doesn't know how to work the android system and wants a dumbed down version, so i just went back 4 hours later and told them to exhange it for the droid and they did, not fee, not restocking fee, no price adjustment, just took teh phones erased the data and handed me 2 boxes with droids in them and I was happy ever since then.

Then couple weeks later the 2.1 update came out and the droid was way better than ever, the only thing i can complain about is the camera. even though it is 5mp, it is quite shitty quality but i barely even use the phone as a camera, mostly for games and such. And they have these new "aftermarket" batteries out for the droid you can buy that last longer than the battery that comes with the droid.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #96
tomato
Super Moderator

^ good to know about the batteries.

I totally agree with you about the camera.The pics, although 5 MP (more MP than the BB Bold) are grainy, not very good. BB Bold 9700 took better pics, at 3MP.

I'm noticing ever since 2.1 came out, the battery life seems better, and the Droid runs smoother, or is it my imagination?

That KB sucks though, not a fan.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #97
tomato
Super Moderator

OK, Droid and N1 are even in the polls now. Yup, just the way I feel, too *sigh*

I haven't given up on the Droid, or the N1, even though new phones are coming out. They're both really cool phones IMO.

The MyTouch with a slider QWERTY KB - although not as powerful - is also very attractive to me because it would allow me to keep my plan and it seems like it's got pretty decent specs, Android 2.1, Sense... 512 ram I don't know, it looks like a nice phone if the price is right and the battery stays up longer than 1/2 day

pffffew
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #98
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

good to know, about the Moto Droid, that pics are bad. I should honestly post up a sample picture of my phone's camera, also 5.1 and get your opinions in comparison to other droid models :)
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #99
Aothachos
Banned

i was at the NY international car show and my friend has 3 mp camera on his crappy flip phone and his looked 10x better than my droid pictures lol thats how bad it is hopefully an update fixes teh focus on the droids camera.

And yea the battery seems longer and I'm always on it, using it for gps, trapster for police, playing super nintendo, searching the internet lol everything. I can go through the whole day and when i get home after a long day from work and such i have still about 1/4 battery left to spare

anyways when i got the droid it was a big jump and upgrade for me. my first phone was a nextel chirp big bulky flip phone. then i switched to verizon and got a crapy flipphone again but it was now with colors instead of the black and white display i had with nextel. then after that i got an upgrade for a lg dare which introduced me into the touch screen world. then i got the blackberry curve more into apps and then droid came out and i was on a mission to get it haha.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #100
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Droid Incredible review: http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/d...edible-review/
Looks like a very nice phone. Can't wait to see the Evo to compare it with this one.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #101
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
Droid Incredible review: http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/d...edible-review/
Looks like a very nice phone. Can't wait to see the Evo to compare it with this one.
No more, no more! I'm trying to resist the urge for this phone. Reading that review, and seeing the video recording quality...

I wish there was a camera button on the side of the phone instead of using the track button/pad thing because i take photos *sometimes* when at stop lights of cars and good scenery~
Old 04-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #102
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post

I wish there was a camera button on the side of the phone instead of using the track button/pad thing because i take photos *sometimes* when at stop lights of cars and good scenery~
DROID DOES.

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:26 PM   #103
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
DROID DOES.

I just took some sample pics with the Droid and compared to my Casio Exilm flip phone, it takes bad 5.1 mp pics. I'll post a recent pic i took 2 weeks back on here....
Old 04-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #104
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
No more, no more! I'm trying to resist the urge for this phone. Reading that review, and seeing the video recording quality...

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated ... mwahahahaha

BTW, the Droid has a camera button on top of the device, but if you put it in a protective case, you can lose that functionality. I find that it's just easier to use the screen (if you can see it). These phones (generally) are that not great for one-hand photography, IMHumbleO.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM   #105
tomato
Super Moderator

@ Kioshi, I think this will help you.

The first picture was taken with a Moto Droid @ 5 MP and the second picture was taken with my Canon, at lowest possible resolution (I believe I had it down to 3MP).

The light is wrong so the shots are not very good but you can probably still see the difference in pic quality anyway.

(sorry about the pic size, guys, if I reduce the pictures to fit in the forum, you may not be able to see the difference between the 2)

Here is the one with the Droid (#1), and then here is the Canon (#2)

and note that picture # 2 is almost 1/2 the size of pic #1 . So MP alone isn't a proof that the camera is better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GoogleCampus.jpg (274.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8697.jpg (172.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #106
tomato
Super Moderator

By the way, this ^ is the Google campus. The "phone" is about my height. the Android dude is f'n HUGE.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #107
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Here is the Casio Exilm 5.1 MP phone quality...it is on 640x480 resolution for this pic..i think~ can be zoomed in on my phone even more...

I'm sure all of you recognize this white beast ;)

Old 04-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #108
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Thank you tomato for the comparison pics...god that Droid takes bad pics... :(

Waiting to see Incredible pics now...