Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #37
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Lynn View Post
Seriously - O. I'm really disappointed in you. Obviously you need to refill your blinker fluid, take the exhaust dust off your air filter, and fill your tires with helium. You'll beat him quick that way. Duh. Jeez, a girl shouldn't have to be the one to tell you that.
::poker face::
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #38
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #39
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #40
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Old 03-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #41
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
Old 03-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #42
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Someone really believed my "true story" brah
Old 03-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #43
J_Lynn
[Space For Rent]

Drives: 2010 LB
You're such a goof ... you need a new hobby :P
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #44
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
Do the chickens have large talons?
Leegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #45
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
They don't call 'em "Del Slo" for nothing....
Old 03-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #46
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
because it's a talon. 4g63, i wouldn't be surprised if it was awd, there is def a turbo in there. To get in the 12's in all honesty is at least 300 hp, unless he was racing on drag tires. You can't hit 12 in a car with no mods.

How to keep up, well GSR swap is the first part, but in all honesty you're looking at a ton of cash to run 12's in a del sol. Call around to the tuning shops in your area and ask them how much. Honda turbos and tunes are cookie cutter things to any decent shop, and they'll be able to quote you a price without even looking at the car. I don't know how much hp you'll need, but 300+ is the start.

It's a DSM though, plenty of people debadge them because they don't want to advertise what is under the hood. 400+hp in a 4G63 is comparably cheap and easy to get, especially compared to honda's and the yaris. I saw one dude completely change his car from a Eclipse GSX to an Eagle Talon simply to win a race, with a big payout, but still it was one race.

now i still can't tell if you are joking or being serious.