Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #271
Kalispel
 
Kalispel's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
'Kalispel' is the name of a Native American tribe, and also one of my go-to MMORPG character names.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #272
aspro
 
Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Just -Black Yaris- in reverse. Captivating, huh?...
Kaboom! That was the sound of my mind being blown to bits! amazing.
__________________

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:20 PM   #273
Killchain
 
Killchain's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Yaris LB Polar White
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 248
Killchain, is a military/CIA term of a "chain" from the lowly scout/operative in some foreign country seeing the "bad guy" sending a message all the way to the presidents office of taking "action" on the bad guy. From the highest office all the way back down the chain to that lowly scout/operative to do whats needed.

I was always taken by the word and its meaning. I know some people don't like it but I do.
__________________
Killchain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #274
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Lol, it may have been subconsciously. My van was the same color of Astro the dog!
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #275
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
'Kalispel' is the name of a Native American tribe, and also one of my go-to MMORPG character names.
It is also the name of a city in a beautiful part of Montana (I stayed there after driving the Going-to-the-Sun Highway through Glacier National Park...before I had my Yaris). The city name is taken from the tribe. I drove through Pend Orielle County in Washington (where the tribes other reservation is located) this last summer...also a beautiful area.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:02 AM   #276
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
Full disclosure about my handle: It is my Imperial operating designation. I am a stormtrooper clone serving directly under lieutenant Pol Treidum (RIP) and stationed in the original Death Star previous to the... incident.

And no, I am not a member of the 501st Legion, as 99% of them are nothing but a sham. I am the real deal; just ask around and see for yourself.
__________________

Last edited by tk-421; 10-07-2014 at 10:35 AM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:20 AM   #277
sheekeebut
Minimalist
 
Drives: 07 silver sedan
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Toronto, ON
Posts: 432
So tk, have you been relocated? Looking for a new job? Last I checked the Death Star was considering a kickstarter-backed rebuild
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #278
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
Yeah, I read about that. Not interested. I guess you had to be there to understand how crappy that whole experience was.

I'm up to a lot these days, although most of it is classified...
__________________
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #279
sheekeebut
Minimalist
 
Drives: 07 silver sedan
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Toronto, ON
Posts: 432
Well, at least you're moving on. It's a good time to be a clone, lots of film and movie ops on earth.
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #280
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
Yeah, no kidding. I've already gotten a few calls myself. I do lomee some Disney doe!
__________________
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #281
nobodywise
 
nobodywise's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris sedan
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cayman
Posts: 127
Let me stay away from this one

I love the back of my car, the front... not so much
nobodywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #282
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
I love torturing people with questions. I came up with the name on a slightly insane role playing server, fun stuff. Have all sorts of slightly insane stuff written up.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #283
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
I love torturing people with questions.
I do as well. So many sales reps, clerks, etc. who are employed by most businesses are relatively unprepared to answer questions...and I can tell by the way they respond that few people ask them questions on anything but an extremely basic level. The only exception to this I can think of (off the top of my head) is Apple.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #284
aspro
 
Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
I do as well. So many sales reps, clerks, etc. who are employed by most businesses are relatively unprepared to answer questions...and I can tell by the way they respond that few people ask them questions on anything but an extremely basic level. The only exception to this I can think of (off the top of my head) is Apple.
True. But I don't think you need to be an apple sales rep to know everything about their products. Knowing apples products in today's day in age is like knowing how to speak English.
__________________

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #285
sheekeebut
Minimalist
 
Drives: 07 silver sedan
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Toronto, ON
Posts: 432
Hmm, I had never thought of it that way before...


You guys had best learn a few other languages, keeps other parts of the world open to you -- and you to them.


Anyway, this Android user says he prefers languages other than English. But he knows he must improve on his English.
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:18 PM   #286
why?
Only Happy When it Rains
 
why?'s Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: harnett county NC
Posts: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheekeebut View Post
Hmm, I had never thought of it that way before...


You guys had best learn a few other languages, keeps other parts of the world open to you -- and you to them.


Anyway, this Android user says he prefers languages other than English. But he knows he must improve on his English.
I wish they would have taught foreign languages in all our school systems, but they just don't. It is much harder to learn them when you are older. Learning multiple languages when you are young changes the way you think and it is one of many things our current totally worthless school systems are lacking.
__________________
Colin Chapman disciple
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #287
sheekeebut
Minimalist
 
Drives: 07 silver sedan
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Mississauga, GTA, Toronto, ON
Posts: 432
Well, as I've been told countless times by my seniors, everything gets tougher as you get older, wouldn't you agree?

As for our school system, I don't know what it's like where you are, but after realising how bad my education was, I have taken it upon myself to strive towards lifelong learning and showing my kid that learning can not only be fun and existing, but it's absolutely essential and is limited only by one's attitude. Sounds hokey, but whatever.
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:22 AM   #288
nookandcrannycar
 
Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Join Date: May 2009
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Posts: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
True. But I don't think you need to be an apple sales rep to know everything about their products. Knowing apples products in today's day in age is like knowing how to speak English.
Perhaps Apple is no longer a good example. Not recently, but in the past I've had a fair number of questions result in the lower ranking rep having to ask a person at the Genius Bar. I'd think 'I've got them stumped', but the' Genius' always knew the answer.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official "Here is the nastiness that is me" Topic birdy Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 2712 06-24-2014 05:56 AM
Names from the past uncleyaris Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 64 08-12-2009 05:52 AM
Asian-Americans should change their names because they’re too hard to pronounce PETERPOOP Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 42 04-12-2009 11:10 PM
Vehix names Yaris #1 nothingsleft General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 02-15-2009 04:00 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.