Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Where do you want the "official missed yaris connection" thread?
Regional Forums 3 37.50%
General Forum 2 25.00%
Regional and General Forums 2 25.00%
Social Forum 0 0%
other idea (post your idea) 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #37
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisitis View Post
You guys should've kept this thread in the CA section since it seems like everyone posting in here is from CA, plus it would actually make it easier to find your missed connections because it's specific to CA.

Just saying.

I see a Yaris almost every time I drive. There's one time I specifically remember though.

In Rocklin, CA you were at a WaMu bank and I parked my silver lift back Yaris next to your silver lift back Yaris and you smiled at me as we walked passed each other, leaving me with a confused look on my face since I didn't know it was your Yaris I parked next to until I was in the bank and saw you get in it.
Yeah, I was thinking about that, but some other posters said we used to have one before in the general section.

Finding a Yaris owner through a bulletin board like this one is kind of a long shot, I think, but hey you never know.

Well, we can easily move it back to CA if people would rather see it there and make it regional instead. Let see how it goes.

Last edited by tomato; 09-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #38
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Yeah, I was thinking about that, but some other posters said we used to have one before in the general section.

Finding a Yaris owner through a bulletin board like this one is kind of a long shot, I think, but hey you never know.

Well, we can easily move it back to CA if people would rather see it there and make it regional instead. Let see how it goes.
it was in the general forum and it was sticky
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #39
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Drives: '09 Blazing Blue Liftback
I think it should be in CA. I posted this thread in CA because I spotted it in CA, you know?
Every so often people might wonder if that Yaris they passed by spotted them and it's easier to find these spottings by specific region
EleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #40
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleKid View Post
I think it should be in CA. I posted this thread in CA because I spotted it in CA, you know?
Every so often people might wonder if that Yaris they passed by spotted them and it's easier to find these spottings by specific region
OK, I've reopened it in Califonia, but I'm leaving this one here in the general section as well for the moment because that's where all the traffic seems to be.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Haha cool. I doubt I'll find the guy though. Next time I'll just yell out my window, "'HEY! YARIS!!"
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #42
tomato
Super Moderator

Hahaha! Yeah, I usually wave and most of the time I get a positive response, but not always. Once in a while I get the wtf-do-you-want-from-me look

BTW, I stickied your thread on top of the California forum, that should do it :)

I saw a beautifully modded Yaris 3 weeks ago in San Francisco but I don't think the guy ever made it to this board, eventhough I handed the info to him. Too bad. He had a tons of gadgets and stuff on his car.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 PM   #43
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I think this is a perfect example of a thread that should be a social group instead. It makes more sense for people of the same geographical area to be in the same group, instead of having ppl of all parts of the world trying to find another member in one giant "spotted" thread.

Thoughts?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #44
tomato
Super Moderator

hmmm.. I don't know. I think a thread is much more visible than a social group, I think.

When you are posting about a missed connection, you're not just asking the board, you're asking the whole www.

My 2 c though. I'll go along with whatever the majority wants.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #45
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Well it's not one giant spotted thread anymore. It's specifically for CA, if you check the stickied thread
Old 09-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #46
ern-diz

idk why but i'm thinking one sticky thread per regional forum would make sense so that people who spotted people in their area can post at the top of that area specific forum...

then again, one sticky in the general forum works also because that is probably the forum that gets the most traffic, regardless of region (this is how it was setup before the hacking)...

i don't think a social group would work because not everyone that gets spotted is going to join so, they may never even see the post about themselves being spotted by someone...
Old 09-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #47
EleKid
Eugenie たでし

Ooh. Controversy. Haha
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #48
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EleKid View Post
Ooh. Controversy. Haha
lol no controversy intended, just my 2 cents
Old 09-15-2009, 10:05 PM   #49
Yarold n Kumar

Drives: 2009 3dr lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horse View Post
People usually don't visit the website if there's no free stuff, we should include in the card that they will get "free BLITZ supercharger kit from caliyaris a $3400 value for free if they sign up in yarisworld" or a microimage sticker.
sign me up for the supercharger. I like stickers too.

You cali drivers seem so friendly. I drive in fear that another new yorker will take my thumbs up for another finger, and shoot my arse.

That being said, does anyone know if there are yarisworld stickers that we could discreetly put on a window?
Yarold n Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #50
tomato
Super Moderator

^
Old 09-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #51
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Me: see you almost every week driving your 2dr red hatch with steelies and stickers driving like a race car on crack. gave you a yw card ... you never joined i guess.

you sure are hot .... no joke .... too bad you dont give me the time of day to talk to. You used to chat me up all the time at subway where i made your lunch.... haha

mannnnn some hot guys come down here to NC. :p

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
We have a spotted thread in the southwest section for Texas
Old 09-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #53
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
Me: see you almost every week driving your 2dr red hatch with steelies and stickers driving like a race car on crack. gave you a yw card ... you never joined i guess.

you sure are hot .... no joke .... too bad you dont give me the time of day to talk to. You used to chat me up all the time at subway where i made your lunch.... haha

mannnnn some hot guys come down here to NC. :p
Easy killer, this is a missed connection thread, not a looking for singles section lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:00 PM   #54
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
hehe, oopppps!
I thought that was the definition of Missed Connections.....
craigslist at least ;)

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote