Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #1
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
I'm in a situation right now where I need a bigger vehicle (35-45k) for the growing family, which I can't afford.

I'm a year or so to finish paying for my 2010 Mazda 5, and I also spent a fuckton on repairs.

It's a huge debate for me now to get another used car vs spending more on a new car.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
__________________
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:49 AM   #2
suprf1y
 
suprf1y's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterford Ontario
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
I'm in a situation right now where I need a bigger vehicle
Need or want?
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprf1y View Post
Need or want?
Got 3 kids. Needs bigger.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
__________________
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #4
tmontague
 
tmontague's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Caledonia Ont.
Posts: 2,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
I'm in a situation right now where I need a bigger vehicle (35-45k) for the growing family, which I can't afford.

I'm a year or so to finish paying for my 2010 Mazda 5, and I also spent a fuckton on repairs.

It's a huge debate for me now to get another used car vs spending more on a new car.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Go used, let the original owner be a sucker and take the loss of it being driven off the lot. Find a used Toyota Sienna and learn as much as you can about them and their potential albeit small issues. You will have a reliable family move for a while.
__________________
No one ever wants to give a Yaris the point by...
tmontague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:46 AM   #5
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..
 
Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Go used, let the original owner be a sucker and take the loss of it being driven off the lot. Find a used Toyota Sienna and learn as much as you can about them and their potential albeit small issues. You will have a reliable family move for a while.
+1. I couldn't ever seeing myself buying a vehicle off the lot. Well, maybe with lottery winnings.

A few years ago my mom bought a mini. 3500km on it. Hadn't seen it's first oil change. Called another dealer and asked for the history. Came back clean. Someone bought it, didnt like it and traded it in. She saved $13000 off the out-the-door purchase price.
__________________
No one suspects the Yaris.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:08 AM   #6
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
Go used, let the original owner be a sucker and take the loss of it being driven off the lot. Find a used Toyota Sienna and learn as much as you can about them and their potential albeit small issues. You will have a reliable family move for a while.
Yeah, I've been looking at used cars as well to get an idea what to expect. I wish to be able to find some almost new car and save 10k. But so far what fits out budget are mostly 5-6 years old. We have to live with what we have until the last car is paid off first, so it's not going to be another year or so..

What I really like is a Kia Sorento right now. We'll see down the road what comes up.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
__________________
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:17 PM   #7
suprf1y
 
suprf1y's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Echo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterford Ontario
Posts: 131
Who?
suprf1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #8
KALISPEL II
 
KALISPEL II's Avatar
 
Drives: '26 Mazda 3 Select-Sport Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: The American Dystopia
Posts: 160
All the signs are there.

- Crazy Auto loan bubble.
- Crazy College loan bubble.
- Middle-class pretty much extinct as a single-income household.
- Consumer-driven-economy full of mostly lower-income, debt-ridden consumers.
- Cost of living becoming untenable for most Americans - most especially those in 'single-income households', and/or with children.
- Deficits as a country beginning to reaching the point of no return.

It's like watching a balloon fill with air & waiting for that bursting point. A tiny tiny segment of the population is getting richer & richer in a rigged/corrupted system, while everyone else sinks or barely stays afloat. That never tends to end well, from a historical perspective.
__________________
2026 2.5L NA Mazda3 Select-Sport Sedan 6-AT FWD (w/Chrome-Delete) - Soul Red Crystal Metallic - Built in Japan
KALISPEL II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 06:25 PM   #9
antiquantum
 
Drives: A7
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: USA
Posts: 2
Thanks for the information.
antiquantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.