Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Leegamer

Drives: No longer own a yaris :(
New to Forum, not to the yaris or cars

Hey everyone,

I'm Lee, a 24 year old IT nerd from Ashland, VA (Just north of Richmond). I've had my Yaris since I bought it new in April, 08 but just started coming on here a few days ago to get information.

My car is a Bayou Blue 3 door hatch with a 5-speed transmission. The only mods I have done to the car are a Scangauge II, which I installed right after purchasing the car, and I also removed the relay for the DRLs yesterday after seeing the thread on here.

Future mods are a Glow-shift tach, which I ordered and will install in the next few days and eventually maybe some upgraded shocks/struts and springs and a rear anti-sway bar. The interior of my car is pretty worn due to me using the car as a pickup truck to carry all my music gear, which includes an 8x10 bass cabinet. I'm no longer playing in a band and don't plan to anytime soon, so I may be on the lookout for replacement interior panels to return my car to its stock neatness.

I've had a lot of other cars in the past. My first was a 2000 Chevrolet impala LS, which I drove until it had about 220,000 miles on it and the transmission died. I sold that to make a downpayment on the Yaris. I've also had a 1986 300zx Non-turbo 5-speed, an 1985 300zx Turbo 5-speed, a 1984 50th Anniversary Edition 300zx Turbo 5-speed, a 1984 200sx notchback 5-speed( which I swapped a KA24DE into), a 1987 200sx hatchback parts car, a 1991 240sx coupe 5-speed with a J30 VLSD, and that's about it.

The yaris is all I have now and it's a pretty good car. It's reliable, comfortable, and gets great gas mileage, though I would like to improve upon the handling in the future, hence my plans for upgraded suspension. I'm fairly handy at working on cars due to all the old Nissans I owned so I do my own maintenance.

Here's the only few pictures of my car I have handy at the moment, but I can add more later:

I look forward to chatting with you fellas!
Leegamer is offline   Reply With Quote