Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Drives: 09 Yaris 3D; 05 R6; 00civic si
Motorcycle Thread!

I feel bad for derailing other threads with motorcycle chit chat so I figured I would start this one!

Continued from a wheel thread.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal910 View Post
hi kasey, how,s it goin today? yeah hayden is hilarious with his southern accent but he's cool. what ever happened to roger hayden? he got pretty screwed up after that last big crash he had. ithink he lost part of his finger. world superbike .I go for the bad guy Biaggi. I know he somewhat of sore loser but he used to be baddass when he raced motogp.plus i like his aprillia. alright ,talk to ya later. be safe
Nicky is a crack up with his twang and his personal style. I haven't heard much of Roger lately, but yeah... the accident with his finger was gnarly. I've met Tommy a few times (the Haydens have a house in SoCal) and got him to sign some stuff and I have some of his worn knee sliders (autographed of course).

So things here are doings okay today. It's freaking hot and I don't want to do anything. Hope your day has been more productive than mine. haha

This is the time of year I cringe when I see people riding on the freeway with no gear... I personally would rather sweat than bleed. Los Angeles/Orange County freeways are no joking business.
KRAZGRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
how about "OFFICIAL" motorcycle thread instead
Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
how about "OFFICIAL" motorcycle thread instead
I was going to do that, but didn't do my homework to see if there already was one.

Plus it seems like I create a lot of "OFFICIAL" threads.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
i wanna start riding, just owning a motorcycle here in Quebec is getting crazy expensive, the want 1300$ or close to that for the registration which really only is useful 6 months out of the year since we get some nice winters and falls here. 1300$ for reg and another 800$ for insurance and its a bit expensive for only 6 months of riding. My favourite bikes are the BMW K1200R (or 1300 last two years) and the Kawasaki Z1000
That's outrageous! I think it's time to move to California. Beautiful riding weather 11 out of 12 months and reasonable insurance/registration

The K1200R is a beast of bike! Nice taste.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
There is no sane reason to ride a bike on the highway these days. Sure, back in the days of Brando, the highway was fine; not any more, it's too crazy now.

Most of my bike riding was on Trials bikes or less. It is always amazing to be able to ride up to within 10' of a deer grazing just off the path. Just as much fun to lead an off-roader into a quagmire and watch the excitement from just over the ridge...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle View Post
There is no sane reason to ride a bike on the highway these days. Sure, back in the days of Brando, the highway was fine; not any more, it's too crazy now.

Most of my bike riding was on Trials bikes or less. It is always amazing to be able to ride up to within 10' of a deer grazing just off the path. Just as much fun to lead an off-roader into a quagmire and watch the excitement from just over the ridge...
Reason to ride a bike on the freeway:
If you have to commute in SoCal traffic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traffic.jpg (408.4 KB, 95 views)
Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
brutal910

Drives: 2007 tyota yaris 2 door hatchb
Hi Kasey. thanks for startin a new thread,i was startin to feel bad to. so you met haydens, that's cool. I heard the coastal roads in cali are awsome. I stay off the freeways in texas ,i ride the farm roads. no traffic, maybe go to the hill country.kerville, leaky texas is badass.Im planning on deals gap next year in north carolina,i just bought a colin edwards arai replica helmet for 600.00. new boot next on my list. I never go any where without my jacket and gloves. did you get hurt when you laid your bike down? at the track i hope.
brutal910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #8
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal910 View Post
Hi Kasey. thanks for startin a new thread,i was startin to feel bad to. so you met haydens, that's cool. I heard the coastal roads in cali are awsome. I stay off the freeways in texas ,i ride the farm roads. no traffic, maybe go to the hill country.kerville, leaky texas is badass.Im planning on deals gap next year in north carolina,i just bought a colin edwards arai replica helmet for 600.00. new boot next on my list. I never go any where without my jacket and gloves. did you get hurt when you laid your bike down? at the track i hope.
The coastal roads are great. There's also a fair share of canyons which brings about horrendous situations (cars/bikes crossing over the double yellow, low/high sides, stupid riders,etc.... one more reason to take it to the track!)

I have my collection of helmets. lol I have: Arai Corsair RX7 in Haga's Fire & Ice; Shoei X-11 in a Daijiro Replica; Shoei X-11 in Vermeulen; and a Shoei RF-1000 in Nerve. (The Fire & Ice Arai and the Daijiro Shoei pictured below).

My lowside was at Buttonwillow (a track). Here's the not so pretty aftermath photo of the bike. I was able to repair everything over time. The picture of it whole is the before... The main difference now is that it now has a matte black tank. Hooray for track plastics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ouch.jpg (47.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg bike.jpg (44.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg helmets.jpg (31.8 KB, 76 views)
Old 07-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZGRL View Post
That's outrageous! I think it's time to move to California. Beautiful riding weather 11 out of 12 months and reasonable insurance/registration

The K1200R is a beast of bike! Nice taste.
Yeah, PK, it's time to move to California

Nice looking helmets, Casey.
I tried riding a bike when I was much younger. I fell almost right away, and decided maybe it wasn't for me. Takes a lot of skill to ride these things My dad used to ride when he was young, but gave it up before we were born.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback

i have a 95 Xr200R Street legal dirt bike, its fun as hell to ride but Im selling it. More important things have come up!

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Yeah, PK, it's time to move to California

Nice looking helmets, Casey.
I tried riding a bike when I was much younger. I fell almost right away, and decided maybe it wasn't for me. Takes a lot of skill to ride these things My dad used to ride when he was young, but gave it up before we were born.

What's with everyone spelling my name with a C? Riding a bike (to me) is easy... riding one well... takes skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post

i have a 95 Xr200R Street legal dirt bike, its fun as hell to ride but Im selling it. More important things have come up!
I haven't riden a dirt bike (aside from a 50cc, just messing around on a trail). I so want to go to the desert and ride a full sized dirt bike. They look SO fun. Good luck with the sale, I know how life can get in the way of motorcycles. At least you can always buy another one down the road if the situation presents itself.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #12
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
yea riding the dirt bike is a lot of fun! Its really fun on sand because the back end kicks out. I loved it! I went rock climbing it with it and half way up it tipped over, picked it back up kick started it and kept going. I love the fact that it just takes so much crap and keeps going!

Yea, my g/f is not comfortable with me riding, she thinks its dangerous, I just thought she was being a pain about it but she just loves me and cares about me so I'll make her happy and sell it. Some things are just more important then toys

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
Stove

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5 Door
I started riding when I was 8. '72 Kawasaki 80....I'll remember that bike forever.

I'll get another bike in a few years after the kids are out of the house but I gave mine up when I got re-married. It's probably a good thing since I liked to push my luck on it.

'88 Suzuki 750 Intruder

It's been long enough that I don't remember everything, but it was scary fast for a cruiser. All I remember is that it would run up to 70 mph in 2nd and from a standing start it was still slipping the rear tire all the way thru 3rd.

A ton of stuff removed, no extra weight allowed
Completely de-badged
Open Exhaust
Re-jetted carbs
Cams
Valve Springs
T-bar Handlebars
Oversize rear tire
Harley Blinkers
Trimmed and recovered seats

If you look closely in the first picture, you can see the air horns mounted on the radiator
The rest are the shots from the add that sold it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a.jpg (43.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg bb.jpg (49.2 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg bc.jpg (52.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg bd.jpg (47.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg be.jpg (48.8 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg bf.jpg (59.9 KB, 69 views)
Stove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
brutal910

supermoto

Hi Kasey, I like this thread. I love your helmets, you can never have too many, kinda like shoes. man your bike looked pretty screwed up. I'm glad you were able to repair it. your subframe wasn't bent was it? how do you like supermoto? here's my brother ktm 625 sxc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 063.jpg (185.7 KB, 59 views)
Old 07-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
brutal910

helmet colection

here's some pics of my helmet's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0619101737a.jpg (172.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #16
KRAZGRL
Crazy Girl (Kasey)

Stove - What a beauty! I'm sorry that life dictated the necessity to let her go. Better safe than sorry, right?

It's awesome that you were able to start riding at such a young age. Do you have a bike in mind that you plan on getting when your kids are out of the house?

Nice lids, brutal910! By the way, what's your name? I haven't gotten a chance to ride any dirt bikes/supermoto before. I'm dying to! I have friends that ride supermoto at the track and it's amazing how fast they can go through the turns. Just stick your leg out! lol I always laugh because when the photographer puts pictures up from the track day, it always looks (to me) like they're trying to kick the sportbikes who have their knees down.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Got a 76 cb550 here. This is the only pic I have of mine at the moment. She still needs a bit of work. If I had a job she'd be done by now. Need a few cables carb rebuild and synch and some body work and she'll be good to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_10371.JPG (152.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 07-19-2010, 02:40 AM   #18
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
I've been thinking about getting a bike.

Any suggestions for a CHEAP beginner bike?

I was checking out some craigslist ads and there looks to be some decent deals but I dont want to unintentionally get a bike thats way too much for me to handle as a first time rider. haha.