![]() |
|
|
|
#8 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 642
|
while a hybrid has the big advantage in the city, keep in mind that if true city driving is most of your commute, the number of miles is much less than for others.
I used to drive exclusively in Chicago traffic at 50 miles per week. while the hybrid mileage would be great, at 25 mpg's, I would only use about $8 per week for gas. at 50 mpg in a hybrid I would need 1 gallon, so $4. so, the hybrid city advantage sounds great, but is it? in my scenario I would save $4 per week, $208 per year. it would take 10 years to save roughly $2000. now, I have a mostly rural and light suburban commute, similar to my brother, who drives a prius. he averages 46 mpg, I average 42+. that saves him $128 per year if we both drive 15,000 miles per year. |
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Save thousands and BIG MPG almost PRIUS | jay cobbs | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 6 | 08-28-2012 08:38 PM |
| Custom Lftback - Photo-Scavenger Hunt | custom Lftback | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 2 | 03-01-2009 11:12 PM |
| Darb - Photo Scavenger Hunt | Darb | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 3 | 03-01-2009 09:02 PM |
| Black Yaris - Photo-Scavenger Hunt | Black Yaris | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 2 | 03-01-2009 04:13 PM |